- The seat belt frequently needs to be replaced after an accident if it was used during the accident. It usually says this in your car manual. Unfortunately, this could increase the dollar amount of damage that was done to the vehicle and equal a larger check that will have to be written by the insurance company.
- Adrenaline and Cortisol released during the excitement of an accident may trick your body into thinking it is ok. Pain may not occur until the next day or even a couple of days later. You may need some sort of treatment without you knowing it within the first 48 hours.
- Something called an impairment rating is used to calculate disability. An impairment rating of 25-28% is given to people who have decreased cervical spine motion from things such as a fusion or ligament damage from an accident. This is equivalent to losing the function of the first 2 fingers on your dominant hand. Try doing any daily activities without using those two fingers.
- Low-speed accidents can cause long-term problems. This can be anywhere from 5 to 10mph.
- NC is a no-fault state. If you pay for Medpay on your car insurance, your insurance company will pay for medical bills up to a certain amount, even if it was your fault. We recommend you pay for Medpay coverage.
Bonus: A good chiropractor or other physicians will treat a patient based on the restriction of functional activities such as hobbies or a job following an accident, not just on pain. Talk to a chiropractor at Chiropractic Nutrition Center to learn more or ensure you are treated properly after an auto accident.
Questions? Schedule an appointment.
Call (919) 461-0046 to schedule an appointment with one of our chiropractor staff members. Still have questions, feel free to contact a Chiropractic Nutrition Center (located in Cary, NC) staff member.